Letter from the Editor: Blogs
Over the past month Connect2Mason has launched five blogs. While our main goal is still on producing great content for our homepage, the blogs allow some of our writers to discuss topics that don’t always have space to fit on the homepage and to provide information on a wide range of topics to you, the reader. Check out C2M’s newest blogs and let us know what you think:
- C2M Weather: Nick Stasiak, a trained meteorologist, writes about weather related stories including news on climate change and meteors. Nick also provides daily forecasts designed specifically for Mason on the @C2MWeather Twitter and Facebook pages. Nick is a freshman majoring in earth science with a concentration in atmospheric science. Nick produces his forecasts from technology inside his room on campus.
- Off the Shelf: Jill Carter, Connect2Mason’s Deputy News Editor, writes book reviews in this blog that focuses on a variety of fiction and non-fiction titles. Jill says her favorite books are from the Harry Potter series and Farenheit 451. Jill is a sophomore majoring in government and international politics and you can follow her tweets about the book world @C2Mbooks.
- Mason Flair: Paola Torrico writes and reviews the latest fashion trends in this blog. Paola has given fashion advice to clients in the retail business for four years and she hopes to one-day move to New York City and write for Vogue. Paola is a junior majoring in communication and moved to the United States when she was seven, after living in Bolivia. Paola also tweets about fashion @C2MFashion on Twitter.
- Arlington Campus: Evan Stancil is the Student Media Arlington Editor and is a MBA candidate and MBASA Chief Marketing Officer. Evan blogs about all sorts of things happening at the Arlington campus including student profiles, academic events and fun things going on in Arlington. If you take classes or teach classes in Arlington or are just interested in what’s going on at the campus then make sure to read the blog and follow @C2MArlington on Twitter.
- Around the Diamond: Adam Woodard and Joey Adams blog about the happenings of the Mason baseball team. Adam and Joey will be writing game previews, game recaps and profiling members of the team during the spring season. Adam is a sports writer at Connect2Mason who is a sophomore communications major with a double minor in sport communication and electronic journalism and Joey is also a sports writer at Connect2Mason who is a senior majoring in communication with a concentration in journalism and a minor in sport communication. You can follow the blog and other Mason sports news @SportsC2M on Twitter and on Facebook.
Connect2Mason will also be starting a blog on comics in the next few weeks so stay tuned for that. Let us know what you think about the new blogs and we hope you will read them on Connect2Mason and follow them on Twitter.